Given the current global situation, a lot of us have been in isolation for some time and will continue to be, for some time to come. I know a lot of people are struggling, and finding being stuck in the house exceptionally hard. Putting the sadness of the pandemic aside, my morale is pretty high, and I think that’s because I’ve been keeping my mind occupied. With this in mind, I thought to write a blog post with things you can do whilst at home, which might give you some new ideas of things to do in these crazy times.
1. Declutter the House – I spent my first 5 days after returning from the UAE, decluttering my room. I took EVERYTHING out, sorted through it all, and then organised it all back into my room.
2. Learn a Language
3. Movie Marathon or TV Series binge
4. Start a Blog or Youtube Channel
5. Home Workout
6. Video Call Friends and Family
7. Make the Most of Your Hour Outside to Exercise – walk or run and take in your beautiful surroundings
9. Make a TikTok – not something I will be doing, but I’m seeing a lot of people embracing the hype and I’m loving it.
10. Read Read Read
11. Pamper Day
12. Scrapbooking – we live in a digital world, but one thing I love doing is printing photos as I love looking through albums and reliving memories. Print photos off, put them in a scrapbook and remember all those good times forever. I use FreePrints to print my photos, click here to get your FREE 6×4 prints, with an extra 5 bonus prints a month by using my referral link*
13. Play Board Games and Card Games with the Family
14. Update your CV
15. Cook New Recipes or Cook Utilising Only What You Have in the Cupboards
16. Clear out your Emails – unsubscribe from all those email updates and newsletters you don’t need and are clogging up your inbox.
17. Play on the Wii (or another equivalent)
19. Sort through your Photos – delete those unnecessary screenshots, or multiples of the same photos. Keep all the ones that mean something
20. Get Crafty – why not make some cards that you can send later in the year, take up drawing or painting, or try something new like knitting/crochet.
21. Listen to a Podcast
22. Complete Online Courses – I’m thinking of completing a TEFL, which hopefully may be utilised once the travel bans are all lifted.
23. Online Pub Quiz from the Comfort of Your Sofa
24. Clean those Grubby Make-Up Brushes and Hairbrushes
25. Learn all the Songs and Dances from your Favourite Musicals – I have High School Musical in mind for this one!
26. Do a Crossword/Suduko/Wordpress
28. Learn how to Make all your Favourite Cocktails
29. Write a Letter or Write an Email to you Future Self
30. Do a Jigsaw Puzzle
31. Evening Drinks (from Home ofc)
32. Write a Bucket List – check mine out here.
33. Learn to play an Instrument
34. Listen to Music – music is the biggest mood booster!
35. Train your Hair – my hair is in the routine of being washed so frequently after living in a hot, sandy climate. So, I’m leaving my hair as long as possible between washes to get it out of this habit.
36. Clear out your Instagram Feed – unfollow all the boring people you’ve accumulated on there over the years, or content that doesn’t make you happy. Make your feed a positive one.
37. Study and Learn Something New
38. Make a Savings Plan – get yourself on track for that holiday or trip you’ve been dreaming about.
39. Back-up all your Devices – maybe to an external hard drive, and free up that space.
I hope this list gives you inspiration and some ideas of things you can whilst at home whilst we stay at home in isolation. If you have any more ideas, I’d love to know them, because I’m going to get bored eventually. Please continue to stay home and stay safe during this time.
Have you read my last post – Iceland Travel Diary – Day 4 & 5: The Blue Lagoon and Travelling Home