Whilst decluttering my bedroom last week, I came across a notebook filled with different lists, and ideas back from when I was in school. One of those lists was a potential bucket list. In the back of my mind, I always have a little list of short-term things I would like to accomplish but I’ve never sat and properly listed everything I would like to achieve, see or do in life.
2018 has made me much more reflective and grateful for everything I am able to do and the opportunities I am able to take, and with that a better understanding and appreciativness that you never know what is around the corner, and how fortunate I am to be sat here simply writing this blog post right now. Thus, I sat last week, with reference to the little notebook that was stashed away under my bed and have written myself a bucket list; a little list of everything and anything that I desire to accomplish in life…
- Be fluent in another language (by fluent I mean being able to hold a lengthy conversation)
- Run a 10k for charity
- Get engaged!? (haha)
- Buy my first house – I think this is very difficult and often unachievable for people my age these days, but I can always try
Swim with dolphins– In Turkey 2007, my dad paid for me to swim with dolphins, they are such beautiful creatures, this has been on my list since I was tiny, however I’ve undertsandably become a lot more educated around this form of ‘entertainment’ now.
- Go alpaca trekking
Skydive– for my 18th birthday in 2015, I completed a skydive raising money for York Special Care Baby Uni
- Go indoor skydiving (I know it won’t beat a real skydive, but it definitely has to be on my list)
- Visit all the Greek Islands
Own my first car– I wasn’t expecting to tick this one off as early as I did, but I have no regret, and this was a huge accomplishment in 2018.
- Give blood at least 50 times
- Eat a snail (ok, a weird one I know)
- Kayak in the sea (not a pond/river like I have previously!)
Take a road trip– In 2015, Adam and myself had our first holiday to Zante, and we hired a car and travelled the whole island in a day.
- Have a drink in an Ice Bar
- Hot air balloon ride
Go scuba-diving– I ticked this off, very spontaneously in September 2018 in Crete, check out my blog post here; it was insane.
- Visit every country in Europe
- Graduate from university
- ….then go travelling!
Raise money for charity– I raised nearly £1000 for York SCBU when completing my skydive, and £150 for Cancer Research UK when doing the Pretty Muddy Race in 2017
- Helicopter ride over New York
- Visit every wonder of the world
- Swim in the blue lagoon
- Learn how to knit
See a Broadway Show– I am truly blessed that when I was little, mum took me to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Sound of Music in London.
- Go bungee jumping
- Learn sign language
- Volunteer abroad/work abroad
- Go to a ‘big‘ concert (like a sell out arena tour)
- Complete the longer zip wire in the world
- Visit every county in the UK
- See the northern lights
- Disneyworld Florida
- Go on a cruise
So there is my bucket list.
I always have the travel bug, no matter what time of the year it is, so if I added every place that is on my bucket list, then this list would be ridiculously long. Maybe I’ll post a separate blog post on the different countries that are on my bucket list?
Also, I’m still very young, and this list is bound to change and be extended during different points in my life. I am so lucky that I’ve been able to tick some of these goals off my list already, and I can’t wait to see what else is on the journey ahead!
What’s on your bucket list?
Have you caught up on my last post? – Relaxing Spa Day at Manor House Spa