UK Travel Bucket-List | Travel

The last couple of years have made me realise that the UK has so many lovely places to visit, places I would have previously never considered visiting until I’d heard or read more about them, and places that I never even knew existed. I’ve had a fair few short UK breaks in the past few years including; Llandudno, Newcastle, London, Harrogate, Otley, Northumberland, Cayton Bay and Great Yarmouth (there’s so many more that I’ve definitely forgotten about!). So, I wanted to share with you some more places that I’m eagerly awaiting to visit sometime in the future.

First off, Edinburgh. Along with how beautiful the city itself looks, there are so many sights to see and things to do, I already have a list for when we eventually go (hopefully sometime this year!). Edinburgh Castle, the museums (including Camera Obscura), and the Zoo are the top things on my list. The old-fashioned look of Edinburgh very much reminds me of York, and I’ve also never been to Scotland, so that would be another country ticked off my list I suppose! I’d love to visit the Christmas Market in Edinburgh, there look amazing.

Calton-Hill-16-9

Liverpool is also on my list, well what I mean is that it is on my list, but I’ve actually booked to go here this month..this was a spontaneous stress influenced booking during assessment week! I had never thought about visiting Liverpool until my mum and auntie visited last year, and came back and said Adam and myself would love it, as there was loads of museums, galleries, and amazing attractions, so this was soon added to my list.

Liverpool-Main-Picture.jpg

Next is Chester. I’ve briefly visited Chester back on a school geography trip, and although we were not here long, and spent the whole time asking people to fill in questionnaires and completing people surveys, I just remember it being a beautiful historic town filled with lovely places to eat and drink. Also, there’s Chester Zoo too, what more could you want!

Chester-Rows

Again another historic town, Bath. the architecture of Bath amazes me every time I see photos of it. I feel there is so much sightseeing to do here, and the place just looks so cosy, maybe due to its slight similarities with York.

32956639540_f4bd7f246e_b.jpg

Also I’d love, love, love, to visit the Lake District, specifically Lake Windermere. This caught my eye last year when we were (trying) to book our Sun Holiday. I love the countryside, and going on hikes around mountainous land. Lake Windermere is the largest lake within the Lake District National Park, and there are some great outdoor activities to take part in, including watersports and boating.

Lakes-travel-AP112901523-xlarge.jpg

The picturesque town of Brighton is, of course, also on my UK travel bucket list. the beach, arcades, and pretty multi-coloured beach-huts you see on photos just has my heart. I wish this place was closer, so I could go on a little day trip here, yet unfortunately it’s at the other side of the country!

Brighton-Beach-Huts

Again Dublin was a place I obviously knew existed but hadn’t considered going to up until I realised how amazing places are within the UK. The bars and nightlife, as well as attractions like the Botanic Gardens, Zoo and Guinness Storehouse (even though I don’t even drink the stuff) just look fantastic!

Dublin-page-image.jpg

Much like Brighton, I’ve seen and heard so much about the Bournemouth coastline, with the long stretch of beach and the pier. It just looks like a beautiful place in itself, especially on a warm sunny day…which we know are very rare in the UK!

Bournemouth

Where else do you think I need to add to my UK bucket list? Where are your favourite places?

Nat

Have you read my previous post? – Get To Know Me: Versatile Blogger Award

Share:

85 Comments

February 18, 2018 / 9:54 pm

It’s been on my list for far too long now!

1. February 18, 2018 / 9:51 pm

Bristol & Cambridge! Cambridge is beautiful especially in the summer, as you can go punting!

February 18, 2018 / 9:53 pm

It’s so bad that I just had to search punting! But that looks so cute, especially during the summer likebyou said. I’ve never thought of Bristol, I’m definitely going to have a look. Thanks for your recommendations.

February 18, 2018 / 10:08 pm

Just from a quick 5 minute scroll, Bristol looks amazing!

2. February 18, 2018 / 10:29 pm

This list of places looks amazing! I hope to visit more places in the UK this year too 🙂 x
    Emily | thatcreativegenius.wordpress.com

February 18, 2018 / 10:32 pm

I’d love to see where you go, I just wish I could afford it had the time to travel more! x

• February 18, 2018 / 10:39 pm

Yeah I definitely agree with you there! If I go anywhere, I’ll write a post on my blog about it 🙂 x

3. February 18, 2018 / 11:40 pm

I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t even been to most of these beautiful places even though I’m from England! I loved reading this post and I’m having major wander lust now 💛

February 19, 2018 / 12:02 am

I’m the same, I don’t appreciate how beautiful the UK is! aw thank you so much Rabia.

4. February 19, 2018 / 10:31 am

I loved Brighton and Bath, the Lake District looks stunning!! x

February 21, 2018 / 8:00 am

I just want to go to all of them! x

5. February 20, 2018 / 3:18 pm

What about our beautiful coastline of Cornwall. Glad to book you onto a tour of our sites.

February 21, 2018 / 7:49 am

I used to go to Cornwall when I was younger, I’d LOVE to go back because I can’t really remember it but it’s just so far away from York unfortunately. Thank you though!

6. February 20, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Aaaah Brighton looks SO adorable – I really need to go soon!! x

February 21, 2018 / 8:00 am

Doesn’t it just! x

7. Bethany Eve
    February 21, 2018 / 12:47 pm

Me and my boyfriend are in the process off coming up with a UK travel bucket list! We visited Shrewsbury for one night for my birthday the other week which was lovely (really pretty castle!). Bath, Brighton, Edinburgh, Harrogate and Lake District are all on my list ☺️

February 21, 2018 / 6:14 pm

I’d love to see your list when it’s finished! Shrewsbury looks amazing I just wish it wasn’t so far away! we have so many places in common!

• Bethany Eve
        February 21, 2018 / 6:30 pm

It’s only about an hour from where I live ☺️ I’ll be posting it at some point over the next week and also got a post planned about my stay in Shrewsbury! X

February 21, 2018 / 6:48 pm

I’m looking forward to reading them, will definitely be looking out for them! X

8. February 25, 2018 / 6:13 pm

Love this list! Woolacombe in North Devon is beautiful and is a great place to see Devon coastline (could even try surfing?!). Quite a long way from you so you might want to go slightly longer than a weekend though!

February 26, 2018 / 9:18 am

I wish Devon wasn’t so far away because I’d be down there every summer! My friend goes surfing down there and it looks so cool but I have zero balance, something I’d love to try though! Thanks for reading and commenting!

Xx

9. 1stephloves
    February 28, 2018 / 11:47 am

This is such a great post. I love doing stay-cations. Edinburgh and Dublin are my favourites. London too! We use to go up to a place called Haggerston Castle when we were kids and stay in a caravan but there was so much to see and do. I’d definitely recommend checking it out. <3 xx

March 3, 2018 / 8:15 pm

Same, although they so short they’re so fulfilling and always jam-packed! Is Haggerston Castle Northumberland direction? We were just trying to think of caping locations so I’ll definitely have to look into it! Thank for your recommendations lovely x

10. March 2, 2018 / 11:36 pm

Chester is my home town and its just the best! Liverpool is another great choice both beautiful citys in my opinion but maybe im just biased. If you want to know any good place to eat or drink in chester feel free to ask as I’ve worked in the bar industry and my boyfriend is a chef so am very familiar with all the best spots. Feel free to check out my blog as i frequently head up to the lake district for camping weekends with so it may give you a few ideas – happy traveling!

March 3, 2018 / 8:19 pm

It’s such a beautiful location! I definitely want to have a staycation in Chester within the next year, so I’ll definitely keep you in mind when we eventually get something booked. We have been talking about camping locations tonight, so will be checking out your blog. Thank you so much for your help and recommendations, greatly appreciated!

11. March 3, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Liverpool is definitely underrated, there is so much history there, you’ll love the views if you’re into museums and cathedrals (we hasve two!)

March 3, 2018 / 8:21 pm

I definitely underestimated Liverpool before I went; we went the other week and fell in love with the city!

12. March 3, 2018 / 8:10 pm

Have lived in Edinburgh for a year and a half and you should definitely visit! Even after all this time I haven’t visited all of the attractions and restaurants I want to! 🙂

March 3, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I genuinely wish I had some free time because I’d be the train to Edinburgh tomorrow morning if I could!

13. March 6, 2018 / 2:36 am

This certainly seems like a great place to visit, and I’ve only heard great things from those who have spent some time there. Thanks for sharing with us and happy traveling!

Share your adventure with us and earn money. Check out our site to see how you can become a featured writer.

November 5, 2018 / 11:56 am

Thank you so much! I shall do

14. March 8, 2018 / 10:48 am

Edinburgh is absolutely fantastic, you will love it! I’ve been there three times and still keep wanting to go back! Make sure not to miss Dean Village too, just stunning.

March 8, 2018 / 10:37 pm

I just want to be able to drop everything and go right now! I’ve just searched Dean Village it looks so cute!

• March 9, 2018 / 4:00 pm

You’ll really enjoy it 😊

15. March 12, 2018 / 6:14 am

Lake district looks amazing! in fact all the places look great, good list!

March 12, 2018 / 10:07 am

I just want to go to them all right now!! Thank you

16. March 15, 2018 / 10:52 pm

Nice to read about your UK pics! I Absolutely loved Devon and Cotswolds – amazing countryside stays 🙂

March 17, 2018 / 4:28 pm

the Cotswolds looks beautiful!

17. March 21, 2018 / 10:13 pm

Hello. It was only last year that I realised that despite having always lived in England, I really don’t know my country so I added two things to my bucket list: 1) visit all of England’s 48 ceremonial counties and 2) explore 10 cities. I’ve already been to Chichester, Canterbury (amazing!), Bath (yes, stunning), Exeter and Salisbury. But this weekend, I’m going to England’s smallest city….Wells in Somerset. And in May, I’m going on a road trip to tick off about 25 counties! Thanks for your inspirational post as I hadn’t thought about Chester xx

March 21, 2018 / 11:45 pm

I was exactly the same! I was so ignorant of how beautiful the UK is, but I’ve been appreciating how amazing it is over the last year or two! I’d love to see your trips documented (although I may be kinda jealous!), them places all look incredible; I wish they weren’t so far away! X

March 21, 2018 / 11:46 pm

I take some of that back, I’ve just had a nosey at your blog; I love your travels and how you write about them! I had to follow you, loving your posts! X

November 5, 2018 / 11:57 am

I still need to go! Maybe at Christmas time

18. kathnotkat
    March 24, 2018 / 1:32 pm

I LOVE this post. It’s my aim to explore the UK more. We have so much on our doorstep. I’m super excited to be going to Edinburgh at the end of May! I’d looove to visit Liverpool too!

19. March 26, 2018 / 7:53 am

Thanks for the article! I basically wrote most of the stuff down to see for myself! Hope I’ll have enough time to see it all! BTW, if you came from Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates you may qualify for an Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW) instead of visitor visa applicants must hold a valid passport from an EVW eligible country just like what I just applied for more info you can visit this site https://www.travelvisauk.co.uk/visa_uk/. Anyway, Thanks for sharing this!

20. April 6, 2018 / 8:24 am

Never been to the UK but I have heard that Edinburgh is really amazing. It’s on my bucket list for 2018 🙂

April 8, 2018 / 10:20 am

You should definitely come to the UK some time there is (surprising!) some beautiful places!

• April 8, 2018 / 10:38 am

Yes! I would love to visit the UK 🇬🇧

21. April 13, 2018 / 11:15 pm

Lovely post! I plan to explore more of the UK too this year, just waiting for spring to actually arrive. London and Brighton are my top picks because of all the things you can do and experience but the country side is so gorgeous so I am dreaming of nice day trips and walks in the summer. At the top of my bucket list is doing the North Coast 500 route!

April 17, 2018 / 10:13 am

I can’t wait to read about your adventures! There’s just so much to do and explore, I just wish I had more time (and money!)

22. April 15, 2018 / 7:08 pm

The images are breathtaking! Thank you so much for sharing this, now a new bucket list has been added.

April 17, 2018 / 10:13 am

Thank you for reading!

23. April 15, 2018 / 7:33 pm

Nice list; it reminded me how many places I hadn’t visited in the UK…even though I’m from there…

24. April 18, 2018 / 2:08 pm

Love to see a fellow traveller exploring England. People can be too quick to dismiss travelling around their own countries!

April 21, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I was definitely one of those people a few years back but now I’ve found some gems in the UK and can’t wait to explore more!

25. April 19, 2018 / 6:49 pm

If you like those places you’d love Bristol. There are tons of buses and trains from Bath so if you stay in one it’s easy to pop across to the other.

April 21, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I’ve heard good things about Bristol, and prior to that I’d never even thought about visiting. Thanks for recommending!

26. April 23, 2018 / 1:39 am

We’re from the UK and the list looks great! We did a post on our weekend in Bath which talks about some of Bath’s top attractions – it might be useful if you’re planning a trip 😊

April 25, 2018 / 11:49 pm

I’ll definitely check your post out, thanks for letting me know!

27. April 26, 2018 / 3:57 am

Dublin is such a great choice, you’d love it☺️ thanks for sharing and I hope you’ll check out our site if you have a chance!

May 9, 2018 / 11:10 pm

Thank you so much! I definitely will do!

28. April 29, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Amazing. I’m also wanting to visit more places uk. I visited Bath back in February and it did not disappoint. Another one ticked off the bucket list!

May 9, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Bath just looks so beautiful!

29. April 29, 2018 / 10:45 pm

Loving your list, I am from the uk and have visited a few of these now. I have recently purchased a scratchy map and plan on visiting all the uk places so I can scratch them off and complete a part of the bucket list!

May 9, 2018 / 11:09 pm

I’ve been meaning to buy a scratch map for so long, I love them!

May 9, 2018 / 11:08 pm

Thank you so much!

30. May 19, 2018 / 6:53 pm

A great start to our wonderful island! I can highly recommend adding, Whitby on the North Yorkshire Moors, The Cotswolds, Leamington Spa, The Peak District (particularly Lathkill Dale – my favourite spot in the whole country) Lincoln, Newcastle and Loch Lomand in Scotland. Just to name a few but the UK is very beautiful and even better if you visit in May or September when the weather tends to be a little less rainy! I hope you get to visit soon. Lissibelle xx

May 19, 2018 / 6:55 pm

I’ve been to Whitby so many times, I’m in York so its my coast line! I’ve been looking at all the places on that list (minus Leamington Spa which I’m going to have a nosey at now!), and they all look so lovely! Thanks so much for reading and your recommendations! xx

• May 19, 2018 / 7:02 pm

York is a stunning city isn’t it! Leamington is also down the road from Warwick which is also lovely and has the famous Warwick Castle to explore x

May 20, 2018 / 4:46 pm

I love York, lived here all my life and stayed for uni here too! It looks beautiful, they both do…I wish I had more time and money to travel! c

31. May 19, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Bristol is also beautiful, if you into football then Manchester for a football weekend when a game is on. I moved to Manchester 4 years ago, its not a bad place but can’t be compared to London on Bournemouth… obviously 😀 also I heard that St. Ives down south feels like you are not even in england anymore but somewhere tropical… it is on my list 😎😍
    check out my blogpost about my wanderings in the UK:

November 5, 2018 / 11:59 am

It truly looks it. The only time I’ve been to Manchester is to go to the airport aha, definitely have to make a visit sometime! I’ve been to St Ives a LONG time ago when we used to go caravanning with my family! I shall do! x

June 17, 2018 / 11:05 pm

I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks for reading!

32. November 10, 2018 / 1:36 am

I’m from Dorset and there are some gorgeous places around here! Lulworth Cove is especially gorgeous and my town is home to the hill that the Hovis advert was filmed at! Loved this post x

November 10, 2018 / 1:39 am

I’ve just been noseying at Dorset and looking at Lulworth Cove and oh my days it is insane and definitely going on my list!! Just wish it wasn’t a 5 hour drive away from me.

Thanks for reading! X

33. November 18, 2018 / 5:28 pm

Bristol! 🙂

November 18, 2018 / 5:32 pm

So many people have recommended Bristol, it looks beautiful!

• November 18, 2018 / 6:05 pm

My home town 😇

November 18, 2018 / 6:33 pm

Ahh nice. What an amazing place to live!