Right. I NEED and WANT to get back into reading. Before starting university, I loved reading and I would read book after book with pure enjoyment. Uni has maybe ‘ruined’ my love for reading, as I’m set so much academic reading every week, and I have found some historic texts very difficult to read. Also, I just haven’t found the time to sit and read a good book, and I suppose it’s not been a priority.
Well, I want this to change.
So, over the next year (September 2017 to September 2018), I have set myself a goal to read at least 10 books (check out the rest of the things I want to do within the next year, here!). Here is a list of books that I’ve been wanting to read for a while, and which I can refer back to, to give me some motivation and guidance throughout the year!
- ‘The Kite Runner’ – Khaled Hosseini
- ‘You’ – Caroline Kepnes
- ‘Miranda and Penny’ – Miranda Hart
‘The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared’ – Jonas Jonasson
- ‘An Anatomy of Terror’ – Andrew Sinclair
- ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ – Stieg Larsson
- ‘The Secret Garden’ – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- ‘The Diary of a Young Girl’ – Anne Frank
- ‘A Long Way Down’ – Nick Hornby
- ‘he said she said’ – Erin Kelly
- ‘Gone Girl’ – Gillian Flynn
- ‘Still Alice’ – Lisa Genova
- ‘Before I Go To Sleep’ – S.J Watson
- ‘Silence Is Goldfish’ – Annabell Pitcher
- ‘No Time for Goodbye’ – Linwood Barclay
- ‘Bridget Jones’ Diary’ – Helen Fielding
Let’s see how many I actually read!
What are your favourite books? Are there any you recommend that I read?