21 Things to do Before I Turn 21 | Personal

Hey all!

I turned 20 yesterday (2nd September), and it’s been playing on my mind how scarily fast the years are going. I am genuinely not ready to turn 21 next year. Over the last week it’s really dawned upon me that I am leaving my teenage years, and I’m becoming an adult and ‘growing up’ so quick! However, on a more positive outlook, I want to compile a list of 21 things I want to do before I hit 21.

1. Complete a first aid course
  2. Do something exciting (e.g zip-line, hot-air balloon ride etc)
  3. Finish my second year at uni with at least a 2:1
  4. Go for a ‘night out’ in another city
  5. Visit Edinburgh
  6. Change my hairstyle (and dye my ‘virgin’ hair!)
  7. Complete a 5K charity run
  16. Write a letter to myself to open when I hit my 30’s
  17. Go on a solo trip
  18. Apply for ICS
  19. Get back into reading – read 10 books
  20. Treat myself (and my mum) to a spa day
  21. Go on a cocktail making class

Let’s make this year a really bloody good year!

Natalie

X

Share:

22 Comments

1. September 3, 2017 / 7:28 pm

Gosh you’re so young! I have faith that you’re achieve everything on this list πŸ’•β˜ΊοΈ

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      September 4, 2017 / 8:55 am

Aw thank you so much 😊 x

2. September 4, 2017 / 8:16 am

I hope you can do all of them before 21!!

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      September 4, 2017 / 8:55 am

So do I. It’s going to be a busy year! X

3. September 5, 2017 / 1:33 am

Fantastic list!! I’m keen to make my own for before I turn 20

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      September 5, 2017 / 3:25 pm

Thank you. You definitely should, I’d love to see the things you want to do before your next birthday! X

4. September 5, 2017 / 6:56 am

Happy birthday, a few days late. I hope you had a lovely day asides from the daunting prospect of ageing. Although 21 shouldn’t scare you. However, I’m 18 in three weeks and I’m similarly relatively fearful. Growing up is something I am not prepared to do at all just yet! I might similarly collate a list of 18 things I must do before my next birthday. Hmm! X

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      September 5, 2017 / 3:27 pm

Thank you lovely! I had the best day. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who feels this way. It’s just scary how fast the years are going, and makes you realise how much you should make the most out of the time there is between birthdays. You should, and I’d love to read it if you do compile a list! Thanks again πŸ’•πŸ’•

5. September 6, 2017 / 8:56 pm

This should keep you pretty busy on top of your degree πŸ’›

#8 The Lion King is a visually amazing production

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      September 16, 2017 / 8:40 pm

It definitely will! Ahhh I’ve been wanting to see Lion King for so long, I wish London wasn’t so far away! x

• September 16, 2017 / 8:58 pm

Yes its quite a trek from the north πŸ˜•πŸ™ but when you have the time, it might be one to weave into a nice little London break. Funnily enough, I’ve added York to my list of places to visit next year if I get the chance – looks like such a beautiful place. I remember having a day trip to the Jorvik Viking Centre when I was at school but not much else about York itself 😊🀞

6. September 21, 2017 / 9:35 pm

Oh my gosh so many things on this list would be on mine! I turned 20 in June and I am the same as you (super freaking out about the fact that I’m 21 next year!) I really want to apply for ICS (well I already have but they’ve asked me to reapply closer to the time I’m able to travel) and I really want to do a BSL course just trying to track one down at the moment! I’ve just started my final year of uni so super scary!

Ox

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      September 21, 2017 / 9:53 pm

Ahh we have so much in common this is crazy! When do we need to apply for ICS I was to do it 2019 after I graduate, but don’t want to do it too early or too late and miss the opportunity! I’m doing my BSL course online, I got a groupon voucher and it only cost me like Β£20! I’m so excited to got back to uni next week but also very nervous and know I have to get my head down this year! πŸ’ž

• September 21, 2017 / 9:55 pm

Oh wow I’ll have to check out groupon! Hadn’t even thought of there! And when I spoke to them last week they’re not sure if their contract will be renewed in march!! So not sure! I’m waiting until march before I’m able to contact them again!

• Natalie Hanson
          Author
          September 21, 2017 / 10:02 pm

Yeah there’s so many courses on there! WHAT NO WAY. It’s been my dream to do ICS since completing my NCS around 3/4 years ago! That’s so sad 😞 x

• September 21, 2017 / 10:44 pm

I never got my chance to do NCS but so jealous of those that did!

7. December 12, 2017 / 2:20 pm

What an amazing list! How many things have you already been able to cross off it? 😁

• Natalie Hanson
      Author
      December 12, 2017 / 2:43 pm

Looking back I’ve actually completed quite a few! I’ll definitely have to do a 6 month update with photos etc. So far – night out in another city, 5k charity run, changed my hairstyle, redecorate my bedroom, volunteer and been on a cocktail making class completed! 😊😊

• December 12, 2017 / 2:44 pm

That’s awesome! Looking forward to the 6 month update!