ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARD
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to promote other bloggers — specifically those who are new to the ‘blogging world’. This is an online award for people to show love and support to up-and-coming bloggers new to the blog scene, by sharing new bloggers they have discovered on the internet.
ABOUT THE NOMINATORS
I was nominated by Nicole, over at ‘Bad with Directions‘. I am so grateful for her nomination, and it has given me a huge confidence boost. Nicole, is originally from California but is currently living in Europe. She has an amazing travel and lifestyle blog, and I truly recommend you go have a read!
RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked
- Tag 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers on Twitter, Facebook, or by email subscriptions
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees
- Recognize the blogger who tagged you
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Why did you start a blog?
I’ve been wanting to start a blog for a while now. I love reading blogs and watching vlogs, and wanted somewhere I could share my opinions on products and places, document memories and enjoy the freedom of writing.
2. What is your favourite life quote?
‘Take chances and only regret the things you didn’t do’ – Anon
3. What makes you get up in the morning?
I suppose the thought that you never know what’s around the corner, and you should live everyday as it comes, and never take a second of your life for granted.
4. Where do you see your blog in two years?
I’d like my blog to develop more professionally, and for me to be able to reach out to brands or for brands to reach out to myself.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I hate people who don’t have manners. It does not take much to thank someone or say please. However, I’ve gotten into a bit of a habit of discretely pulling people up who don’t have manners. For example, if I hold the door open for someone and they don’t say thank you, saying ‘oh, you’re welcome. I just HATE it!
6. What are you addicted to?
Using the term ‘addicted’ loosely, I would say food and travelling/days out. I’m quite a big ‘foodie’. I love trying different foods, from different cultures and I love cooking. Also, travelling and days out because, I am a person who loves being outdoors and seeing new places. Any opportunity I get to go see somewhere new or go away on holiday, I’m booked and there.
7. Which destination is at the top of your bucket list and why?
Amsterdam . This is also on my Summer Bucket List (click here to have a read). I don’t know what it is about the city but I have just fallen in love with the place. There is so many things I’d love to do there including visiting the Anne Frank House, Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Vondelpark, floating flower market and canal trips, and of course the Sexmuseum!
8. What is the next big decision you have to make?
This is hard, but it will probably be deciding upon a career and where I would like to be after university. This is not something I was to think about something right now, I make decisions as they come around
9. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I was born with a cleft palate. This is not something that you can physically see on me and I am fortunate that it has never greatly affected my speech, hearing, eating etc.
10. Which city/town are you from, and do you recommend people to visit it?
I live in York. I would definitely recommend York for people to visit. Until recently, I never truly appreciated how beautiful York is as a city, and how much there is to do. Within the city centre, there are shops, tourists attractions like York Dungeons and plenty of museums, sightseeing buses, the art gallery, two theatres, and much more to see and do!
11. What do you hope to achieve this year?
This is quite unique, but I would like to complete a first aid course. This is something I have been thinking about for a while now, and it is something that is on my birthday lust list.
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your role model?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- What are your favourite TV/Netflix series?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What are 3 countries you would love to visit, and why?
- Name one long-term and one short-term goal for your blog.
- What is your favourite book?
- What do you love about yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
MY NOMINATIONS GO TO…
- Holly – hollyonablog.com
- Hannah – astoldbyhannah.wordpress.com
- Katherine – thisisbeautyweb.wordpress.com
- Becca – butyoulookfinetome.wordpress.com
- Charlotte – charlotteewhitsey.wordpress.com
- Mariam – teaandmazblog.wordpress.com
- Chloe – toomuchtooyoungblog.wordpress.com
- Sima – styleglint.com
- Marilyn – carefreeandcurly.wordpress.com
- Imogen – faux-silk.com
- Karen – thelifestylelove.wordpress.com
Make sure to tag me in your post or comment on this post so I can see your answers and link them on this page. Oh, and visit The Global Aussie to choose your Liebster Award Design!